- Harden and Embbiid defy the butler show
- the most important statistics
- Sixers vs. Heat: The voices for the game
- the star of the game: James Harden
- The flop of the game: Kyle Lowry
- the scene of the game
- Philadelphia 76ers (4) – Miami Heat (1) 116: 108 (boxcore), series: 2-2
- NBA Playoffs – Heat vs. Sixers: The series at a glance
Harden had never broken the 25 points in this PostSeason before, in this game the superstar put 31 points (8/18 FG) and 9 assists and scored 16 points in the fourth quarter. Joel Embiid came to 24 points and 11 rebounds, Tyrese Maxey delivered 18 points and three other Sixers scored in double digits.
In the end that was too much for the heat, in which only Jimmy Butler towered over (40 points, 13/20 FG). The former Sixer received support from Bam Adebayo (21), Victor Oladipo (15) and Tyler Herro (11, 10 rebounds), but the Heat acted too harmless from the triple line as a team.
Both teams started with the usual Starting Fives, Miami had to do without backup centers Dwayne Dedmon, who had reported sick.
At the beginning of the Sixers, a lot ran again via Embiid, who scored 15 points in the first quarter al1. On the other hand, Tucker and Oladipo from the bank caught good starts with 7 points each, both teams were at eye level. 30:28 Philly after the first quarter.
With Embbiid on the bench, the heat dictated the action more, especially Adebayo now came to slight degrees. Harden tried to keep against it as a playmaker and scorer, then Embiid also returned. As in game 3, Green now turned up, then Harden put in transition via layup and then with a threesome to +10. However, the next scenes belonged to Adebayo and Butler, who quickly introduced Miami. Nang netted for 3, Maxey followed again. 64:56 Philly for the break.
Harden and Embbiid defy the butler show
After a calm second quarter, Embiid put up again, with an And-1 jumper he hung Adebayo early in the third quarter of his fourth foul. As a result, the focus was even more on Butler, which promptly sank an and-1 and a threesome. Miami now played ultra-small and in zone defense, but Philly could not punish this. This prevented Butler with 17 points in the passage. It went into the final quarter with 89:85 Philly.
With Embiid on the bench, the Sixers put an 8-0 run, which quickly brought them away to +12. Butler had to counter again, Miami remained in striking distance again. Harden now had the booklet with the Sixers, Embiid looked rather tired. Three minutes before the end, harden sank a threesome to the 8-point lead, but that was still not.
Butler scored the next two points on the line, but missed a threesome shortly afterwards. Harden penetrated and missed his casual, but Embiid took the offensive rebound and played the ball out, then Maxey Harris found the Alley-Oop-and 1:06 minutes before the end, Harden finally made the decision for three.
the most important statistics
Philadelphia 76ers (4) – Miami Heat (1) 116: 108 (boxcore), series: 2-2
- The Sixers got almost everything they wanted at halftime. 64 percent met them from the field, the dreaded heat defense was hardly accessed, especially against Embiid they were powerless. The Sixers quotas were very good throughout the game: 54 the home team hit the field, 47 percent from the triple line. 37 Field Goals was preceded by 25 assists – there wasn’t much to complain about.
- The only problem of the Sixers-Orese was the ball losses. Hards and Embiid were surprised by targeted double teams and played unclean passes, which in turn led to transition options for Miami. The 17 Sixers ball losses led to 24 heat points on the opposite side-far too much.
- Miami, in turn, had its problems in the half field, here the intimidation factor was already strong. Cleaning the Glass According to the Heat Pro 100 Halfcourt ball, 95.5 points – the Sixers were 112.4. Playoff games are only difficult to win with transition.
- The biggest problem was the threesome again. Miami sank miserable 7/35 from Downtown, only Butler (2/6) and Max Strus (2/5) more than a threesome. By the way, Duncan Robinson received another DNP CD…
Sixers vs. Heat: The voices for the game
Doc Rivers (coach Sixers): “Game 5 will be fun. We have to be better defensive if we are in Miami…. We haven’t seen the best in this series. He always gets used to it Still by how this mask feels on the face. “
James Harden (Sixers): “Nothing changed for me. I didn’t play any other way. I just hit throws.”
the star of the game: James Harden
Well, it still works! In a must-win for Philly, the 32-year-old finally delivered his complete package again. Elitist playmaking, stepback triano, plus even a few times the train to the basket – harden has not always been seen as aggressive and committed. Especially in the last quarter he was fully on hand when Embiid no longer looked so lively. With this hardden, Philly is a dangerous team!
The flop of the game: Kyle Lowry
Playmaking was there, Lowry also had some good actions defensively – and yet: it is little fun to see the former star in this constitution (6 points, 3/10 FG, 7 assists). Lowry refused several layups, he put every threesome next to it (in six attempts) and gave the ball four times. Strus or vincent were not good either, but none of them are important.
the scene of the game
There were several of them in the last quarter, but let’s take the Dagger right away. Harden dribbled down the clock, didn’t get the Herro Switch, but was not put off by it. He also asked Oladipo to dance and sank the Stepback triangle shortly before the clock ended. The outbreak afterwards indicated that Harden himself also needed a game.
NBA Playoffs – Heat vs. Sixers: The series at a glance
|1||3. May||1.30 a.m.||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||106: 92|
|2||5. May||1.30 a.m.||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||119: 103|
|3||7. May||1 o’clock||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||99:79|
|4||9. May||2 o’clock||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||116: 108|
|5||11. May||1.30 a.m.||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||–|
|6||13. May||TBD||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||–|
|7*||16. May||TBD||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||–|
Articles and videos on the topic
* Compensation! Mavs shoot Suns from the Halle – bizarre appearance by Chris Paul
* Experience the NBA live on DAZN. Register now! Can be canceled at any time.